What Is FreePBX?
FreePBX is an all-in-one IP PBX that is totally free to install and download onto your own hardware and features all the key components you require in order to build a phone system. With over 1 million production systems worldwide and 20,000 brand new systems installed on a monthly basis, the FreePBX community continues to flourish and outdo the market’s viable efforts. The FreePBX EcoSystem has advanced over the last 10 years to be the most widely installed open source PBX platform in use across the world. The transparency and openness of the project enable users, enthusiasts, partners, and resellers to employ the FreePBX Ecosystem in order to build vigorous communication solutions that are powerful and at the same time easy to support and implement.
The flexibility and power of FreePBX come from dozens of feature add-ons that enable users to add individual features to FreePBX, customized for your business needs, as you expand. Examples of add-on features include softphone integration and Zulu Desktop, Call-Center features, CRM integration, High Availability, and much more. Since FreeBPX is automatically connected to the FreePBX store, all you need to do is log in, pick your add-on, pay when you check out, and start using your new feature instantly after it gets connected to the IP PBX. Better still, you can buy commercial modules straight from the FreePBX WebGUI, so you have quick access to the tools and features you need, whenever you need them.
Why use FreePBX?
- Reliable and secure – FreePBX is maintained by Sangoma’s Quality Assurance and development infrastructure, which means it goes through in-house testing prior to getting released to the general public. Integrated security update notifications help you stay protected against new threats.
- Flexible and scalable – FreePBX is compatible with the majority of the commercially available virtual machine and hardware and since FreePBX is so widely employed on an international level, it is compatible with more than 200 endpoints. This means you can trust FreePBX with any IP phone, conference solution, or doorbell system you already have.
- Impressive feature add-ons – FreePBX allows you to add popular features such as high availability, call-center packages, IP phones, and much more, by simply logging in to the store and opting for the item. Most come with a 25-year license, which means your features are certain to work with you as you expand.
- Fully featured WebGUI – The fully-featured web GUI makes it way simpler to utilize features, such as extension creation, IVRs, restore and backup, user permissions, calendar integration, time conditions, and a firewall. Updates are also carried out directly from the web GUI.
- International Language Support – As the most well-known open-source IP-PBX in the world, FreePBX enables users to choose local language support for end-point devices, on the basis of each user. This means that you can maintain your phone system even when users are in different parts of the globe.
- No license limitations – FreePBX comes with zero restrictions on integrated features to the number of extensions, users, queues, and IVRs you wish to create, with zero strings attached.
As an open-source GPL, FreePBX is much easier to customize and adapt to your expanding and continuously changing needs. It can run on-site or in the cloud and is presently being used to control communications of all types and sizes of environments, from one-person businesses to multi-location organizations and call centers. The FreePBX Ecosystem offers you enough freedom and versatility to personally design business communications depending on your personal needs.
SIP Station / SIP Trunking Service
With SIPStation, you can substitute your old phones in only a couple of minutes and begin saving money each month. SIPStation services deliver telephony services with the help of your high-speed internet connection, removing the need for conventional phone service. No need for contracts, no hassle. The SIPStation service is directly incorporated into each FreePBX system with the SIPStation module for quick setup and management.
The FreePBX appliance is one of much high-performance, purpose-built PBX VoIP solutions. It is designed and thoroughly checked for maximum efficiency and is the only legitimately supported hardware solution for FreePBX. The appliance is already pre-loaded with the FreePBX Distro and also comprises of 60 FreePBX support credits.
- FreePBX Phone System 40 – Supports up to 40 licensed extensions and 30 simultaneous calls.
- FreePBX Phone System 60 – Supports up to 60 licensed extensions and 40 simultaneous calls.
- FreePBX Phone System 100 – Supports up to 100 licensed extensions and 60 simultaneous calls.
- FreePBX Phone System 300 – Supports up to 300 licensed extensions and 120 simultaneous calls.
- FreePBX Phone System 1000 – Supports up to 1000 licensed extensions and 300 simultaneous calls.
FreePBX Commercial Modules are add-ons that improve the already built-in feature-rich base install of FreePBX. Such modules are not open source GPL and are solely designed to be compatible with RHEL or CentOS systems. The FreePBX Distro comes preconfigured to work well with these modules.
FreePBX – All the Built-in Features
Built-in features of FreePBX can be categorized into three types: business, calling, and telephony support.
1. Business Features
- Calling Queues
- Conference bridge
- Ring groups
- Wake up calls
- Calendar with third-party integration
- Unlimited extensions
- Interactive Voice Response
- Secure communications
- Voicemail blasting
- Video calling support
- Follow me / find me calling
- Text to speech
2. Calling Features
- Call transfer
- Call waiting
- Call screening
- Caller blacklisting
- Do not disturb
- Call transfer
- Call recording
- Call event logging
- Call detail records/call history
- Voicemail to email
- Three-way calling support
- Speed dials caller ID support
3. Telephony Support
- Open Standards support multiple protocols
- Softphone support
- Mobile phone /desktop support
- Specialty device support (strobe alerts, voice gateways, failover devices, paging gateways, overhead paging, door phones)
- IAX2, SIP, PJSIP
- 21-day free trial of SIP trunking phone service
- PRI, ISDN, POTS /Analog, T1, EI, R2, J1
- What is a thermal printer? (direct transfer)– creativesafetysupply.com
- What is a bollard?– bollardpostcovers.com
- What is the National Electrical Code?– electricalsafetyexpert.com
- What is Kanban?– kanbanforum.com
- Is There Such a Thing as Going ‘Too Lean’? Find Out How to Properly Implement Lean in Your Company– leanworkplace.com
- What is a thermal printer?– label-printers.org
- How To Ensure Electrical Equipment Is Safe To Use In The Workplace– arcflashanswers.com
- Why Is GHS so Important in the Workplace?– ghsforum.com
- What is the difference between Kaizen and Poka Yoke?– kaizenforums.com